ISUM has obtained an acknowledgement for conducting a medical ultrasound education and training program as stated in SK no.126/PB/A.4/96 issued by the Indonesian Medical Association on April 30, 1996:
- Basic level certificate gives its holder the right to operate ultrasound devices, perform ultrasound examinations, and give ultrasound expertise for his/her own patients.
- Intermediate and advanced level certificate gives its holder the right to give consultative ultrasound expertise.
- The course is held by appointed type A or B hospital and coordinated by ISUM
- The course is held only if the appointed hospital has a sufficient number of qualified instructors and supporting devices such as multipurpose USG, biopsy transducer, video system, and library.
- The course consists of the following programs:
- Basic knowledge and specialization
- Ultrasound devices usage skill
- Ability to interpret results of ultrasound examinations
- The course includes lectures, supervised practices, scientific discussions, slide tests, and seminars.
- The basic course is worth 48 credits and shall be finished in 3 months.
- The intermediate course is worth 35 credits and shall be finished in 6 weeks.
- A final examination shall be done by the evaluation committee at the end of the program.
- To pass the course, all candidates are expected to secure at least a 65% mark.